Make sure you follow these 10 commandments once you are under contract.
Once you finally get your dream home under contract, we need to make sure that you get to move into that home. Here are the 10 commandments you must follow once you have accepted the contract on your home:
1. Don’t change jobs or become self-employed.
2. Don’t buy a new vehicle, or you may end up living in it.
3. Don’t use credit cards or fall behind on your payments.
4. Don’t spend any of the money you’ve set aside for closing.
5. Don’t omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Don’t buy any furniture, even if the payment is deferred, until after closing.
7. Don’t allow any additional inquiries into your credit, except for insurance purposes.
8. Don’t make any large deposits or withdrawals without speaking to your lender first.
9. Don’t change banks.
10. Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone, and be sure to tell your lender if you already did.
If you have any questions, call me, and I’ll give you more information about how to stay safe and make sure you close on your home. I look forward to hearing from you.